17. 10. 2014Luxembourg, 13 October 2014 – Today the EU ministers responsible for agriculture, forestry and food held a regular meeting of the Agriculture and Fisheries Council. Slovenia was represented by State Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Ms Tanja Strniša. Among other things, the ministers held a debate on the interim review of the Europe 2020 Strategy, considering the contribution of the ag...
9. 10. 2014Milan, 29 September 2014 - Under the Italian Presidency, an informal meeting of EU agriculture ministers was concluded today. The informal meeting also involved a meeting today of the EU Agriculture and Fisheries Council. At the informal meeting, which was attended by the Slovenian Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Dejan Židan, the ministers discussed food security. The event is placed in ...
29. 9. 2014Portorož, 15 September 2014 – The plenary meeting of the International Whaling Commission began today at the Grand Hotel Bernardin in Portorož. It will take place until Thursday, 18 September 2014. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Karl Erjavec, the State Secretary for Agriculture and the Environment, Tanja Strniša, and the Mayor of Piran, Peter Bossman, addressed the attending ministers and other distinguished guests – delegates of...
International Year of Family Farming
The International Year of Family Farming 2014 is an initiative promoted by the World Rural Forum and supported by over 360 civil society and farmers’ organizations. This worldwide celebration, declared by the United Nations General Assembly, aims to become a tool to stimulate active policies for sustainable development of agricultural systems based farmer families, communal units, indigenous groups, cooperatives and fishing families.
All this work is being made from the perspective of effectively combating poverty and hunger and the search for a rural development based on the respect for environment and biodiversity.
National Focus of the Rural Development Programme 2014–2020
Strategic priorities of the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Slovenia 2014-2020:
- Transfer of knowledge and innovation;
- Increasing productivity, sustainable use of natural resources, the mitigation and adaptation to climate changes;
- Developing short supply chains and the forest-wood chains and improving the quality;
- Developing endogenous potentials of rural areas and employment;