28. 1. 2015Berlin, 17 January 2015 – On the margins of the 80th International Green Week, the world’s largest consumer fair for food, agriculture and horticulture, the Global Forum for Food and Agriculture (GFFA) and the 7th Berlin Agriculture Ministers’ Summit took place in Berlin yesterday. The main topic was the bioeconomy in the context of the growing demand for food, raw materials and energy and limited natural resourc...
16. 1. 2015Berlin, 16 January 2015 – The 80th International Green Week, the world’s largest consumer fair for food, agriculture and horticulture, opened its doors today at the Berlin Exhibition Grounds in Berlin. This year, Slovenia is also one of the exhibitors, presenting its offer of Slovenian dishes and beverages and its food processing industry. The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Dejan Židan, who is a...
7. 1. 2015Ljubljana, 7 January 2015 – The European Commission today issued an implementing regulation entering Kranjska klobasa as the 22nd Slovenian product into the register of protected designations of origin and protected geographical indications.Slovenia has achieved resounding success, as Kranjska klobasa (Carniolan sausage) has been granted protected Slovenian product status. The initiative to protect Kranjska klobasa by g... More »
Healthy Soils For a Healthy Life
The 68th UN General Assembly declared 2015 the International Year of Soils (IYS).
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations has been nominated to implement the IYS 2015, within the framework of the Global Soil Partnership and in collaboration with Governments and the secretariat of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification.
The IYS 2015 aims to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of soil for food security and essential ecosystem functions.
National Focus of the Rural Development Programme 2014–2020
Strategic priorities of the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Slovenia 2014-2020:
- Transfer of knowledge and innovation;
- Increasing productivity, sustainable use of natural resources, the mitigation and adaptation to climate changes;
- Developing short supply chains and the forest-wood chains and improving the quality;
- Developing endogenous potentials of rural areas and employment;