21. 11. 2014
Traditional Slovenian Breakfast served to Chinese Vice Premier and Slovenian Prime Minister at Elementary School TrnovoLjubljana, 21 November 2014 – The Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Dejan Židan, attended a traditional Slovenian breakfast in Trnovo Elementary School marking the Slovenian Food Day. The event was of particular importance to children as it was attended by the Vice Premier of the People’s Republic of China, Wang Young, and his delegation and the Prime Minister of the R...
21. 11. 2014Ljubljana, 21 November 2014 – "Slovenia has a high-quality and highly educated labour force with good knowledge of foreign languages and computing. It has a quality infrastructure and excellent connections with every other country in the region. Furthermore, it has a favourable corporate income tax." With these words the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Mr Dejan Židan, addressed the pa...
20. 11. 2014Ljubljana, 20 November 2014 – The Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia and Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, Mr Dejan Židan, this morning received the Vice-Premier of the People’s Republic of China, Mr Wang Yang, and his delegation at Vila Podrožnik. At the bilateral meeting between Slovenia and China, good relations between the countries were highlighted and agreement on enhanced cooperation r...
International Year of Family Farming
The International Year of Family Farming 2014 is an initiative promoted by the World Rural Forum and supported by over 360 civil society and farmers’ organizations. This worldwide celebration, declared by the United Nations General Assembly, aims to become a tool to stimulate active policies for sustainable development of agricultural systems based farmer families, communal units, indigenous groups, cooperatives and fishing families.
All this work is being made from the perspective of effectively combating poverty and hunger and the search for a rural development based on the respect for environment and biodiversity.
National Focus of the Rural Development Programme 2014–2020
Strategic priorities of the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Slovenia 2014-2020:
- Transfer of knowledge and innovation;
- Increasing productivity, sustainable use of natural resources, the mitigation and adaptation to climate changes;
- Developing short supply chains and the forest-wood chains and improving the quality;
- Developing endogenous potentials of rural areas and employment;